True Love


Have i ever really been in love? I wonder. As I sit and think about my relationships through the years, I am not convinced. It seems that they were relationships of convenience. I think I might have loved the man in my first serious relationship, but was I in love with him? We were symbiotic. We shared common interests. We were more alike than not. This worked for a while. We had a psychic connection. It was a strange telepathic connection. I could talk to him with my mind. And i could read his thoughts. He was not so lucky to read mine. I thought this was true love. As i reflect now i think it was a type of love, but not a true love.

I wouldn't even know how to describe that at present. What is a true love? How does it develop? I do know that it takes two people to make a relationship work. And it is work. Serious work. I feel that everyday in a relationship with someone, you need to practice your love in some way. Not your expectations. People over the years develop expectations from life and love. Making themselves miserable with wants and needs that may never be fulfilled by one person outside of themselves, leading to commitments that suffer because of it.

I am curious how this whole thing works. And hopefully someday to find someone who wants to take that journey with me. Another fantastic journey of more self discovery. A spiritual and physical connection that would take two halves and make a whole. It could happen, it does to others. Why not me?!!!

First step, wieght watchers and the gym... ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts