I love my kid.

Even though i am running on less than optimal sleep, sinister laugh here, i am a patient mom. I was never a big fan of kids. I saw them in restaurants, shopping, or out in the world in general. In these instances I was exposed to the shorter more honest version of the population. They irritated me, intimidated me, and in general, were someting i tried to avoid or ignore. Looking back on it now, i think the reason i was soooo irritated with the kids, was their annyoing controling parents! Out of sorts people who looked at their children as something to tame and tolerate. What kind of parenting is that? But i regress into generalizations. moving on...

I have realized that parenting is a complex issue, not to be taken lightly. That the little beings we spawn are extensions of ourselves. Not to be put aside as another responsibility. They require love and attention of a deep source. You have to be part mind reader, part magician, part healer, and all love. Since my son's father is not in the picture i have a double duty, for the time being. He will eventually find his male mentor. And strange as it sounds, i don't believe that i will have anything to do with that. It seems that this relationship was created in my physical world, but truely spawned by some outside force. I am just around to steer the herd into the right direction. And mommy sure hopes that she can benefit from the little mans wisdom!

Another minute has moved into the past without regret, and i watch this special person absorb the world. And what is even cooler? He is a mini me, but much more anal...wow. i can not imagine what this journey will end up like, and i don't want to. I want to live in this moment by moment. Breathing and being. So that my energy for love on this earth can flow through us both. And he and i can bring love to others. With a smile, a laugh, and a hug.

Pass the bubbles...

Comments

Michelle said…
That's what it is ALL about, Melanie.

Save some bubbles for me!

*hug*
Mermaid Melanie said…
jason,
i know what you are saying. I was a mentor to someone recently. A great feeling! thanks for sharing your insights.

melanie

Popular Posts