Kats Call

This is a first time poem by my best friend Kat. She is shakin in her paws cause i am posting it. But i think it is beautiful. And she needs encouragement. Thats what friends are for.....

And i totally get the pillow reference.
Currently i am in a hot and heavy with my pillow.

These thoughts of love confuse me
I try and understand
The tears well up inside my heart
And have no place to land.

The empty pillow beckons me
I clutch it as I sleep
And let the pain flow over it
As quietly I weep

What happened to my perfect love?
The dreams once so exciting
The future bright and beckoning
Now cold and uninviting.

The words once warm and loving
Now have an empty ring
My heart lays heavy in my chest
My soul no longer sings.

How long can love survive this?
Under-nourished, never fed
By words of love and happiness
Encouragement unsaid

Comments

Michelle said…
*sigh*

Beautifully captured, pain crystalized and preserved.

Popular Posts