Big Foot Conferece

I went to a cryptozoology confrence on Saturday. I am a so-callled virgin to this research/scientology.

Cryptozoology, the study of unknown animals, deals with animals as of yet unnacepted by science (such as bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster), as well as animals reported in areas outside of their normal habitat, and surviving members of species believed to be extinct.

I was not sure what to expect. So i didn't expect anything. which turned out nicely for me. I was interested to hear about the adventures of a man who does this for a living. He is a researcher for hire. (ie: some australians wanted to come and find Bigfoot and he took them out to track etc.) He gave an interesting lecture about sightings, foot prints. footage, and sounds of the sasquatch. I was in denial at first, but this person was pretty basic, and not prone to embellishment. So i listened closely. And looked at his research and evidence. All very compelling. For some reason, there is a large population in east texas where he conducts alot of his searches. Go figure. And he had done some work with National Geographic on the subject. Even more compelling.

The Debate over proving the existence of the creature was a little different. Mostly they used it as a platform to talk about whether or not they would shoot a specimen. There are those that said shoot first and ask questions later, and there are those who would tranquelize/sedate, and study. Personally, capturing one and putting it into captivity seems cruel to me. Hence i never became a scientist.

Final conclusions: I think anything is possible. I know people who have seen unexplainable 7ft creatures covered in fur walking in the forests of east texas. But I am not one of them. And then again, there may be something we could learn about a secret society of creatures. I need more evidence or a research trip of my own to make any final conclusions.

I think if we knew everything the world had to offer us, we would be bored and resort to ending life as we know it. Let the mystery be. thanks iris dement.

Comments

laprincessa said…
Friggin' COOL. Sorry, I haven't read this until now, but damn - I would have loved to gone with you.

I'm a Nessie lover.

Popular Posts