oh my god....the dsl went down.

Okay Okay....twitches a bit...i am okay now. WHEW! I was in the middle of a messanger conversation, and my DSL crashed. This is the test to a true internet warrior. How well can you handle the disconnection? I can see you are starting to sweat a little already. Stay calm. This is just a test. YOUR DSL IS FINE...

So, after making a rather important post on RP, waiting to chat up some resulting advice, the computer gives me the middle finger rectangle. Safari has suddenly shut down...WHAT!? damn machines...shuts her down. Brings her back up. Checks network setting. Fine Fine...tries to connect and splat. nothin, nada. (I can see that you are getting uncomfortable, so i have provided a soothing hot beverage. have a sip.) So i go to the Network Settings, right? Like i know what i am doing. But the ISP address is correct, all is well in the settings. reboot again. Nada. I start to sweat a little. Then i decide maybe the connetion, move her to the other room. repeat previous procedures. I am really getting twitchy by this point. Cussing at the cats, like they have anything to do with it. Move her back to original location. (I know you are asking, laptop...HA.) Bring her back up again. NO Connection. I decide that i may have an addiction to the internet. among other things....sheesh thats all i need one more addiction. So i sit back and looks at the wall. You know i could play.

Against the wall is my guitar. Gently weeping and covered with dust! I think to myself, you know... Instead of sitting here freaking out, you could play some music of your own. Ah...pick up my baby, and play for two hours. My fingers aren't too happy about it, but I am feeling much better. I have not played since April of this year. Sad note, after i run through the tabs i have out a couple of times, i am thinking i could go online to get some new tabs...addict. Knowing full well, i will be sucked into the black hole again. Sign back on the computer, and presto! We are Golden! Flags and Bookmarks back at my command.

Results of Trauma Turned Musical: Conscious decisions must be made. To set aside time to not be on the computer. To not take the laptop out of the carrying case sometimes...starts to sweat and tremble. I am still not quite ready to let go completely...Baby steps. Baby steps. backs away from her laptop. Sigh.

Comments

Popular Posts