Getting Older

Since I have been living in the same town as my parents i have been spending alot of time with them. They are aging. My father just celebrated his 70th birthday. Wow. I am thinking about my life, and aging.

What i don't like about aging so far:
• Wrinkles...damn...no matter what you do, here they come.
• Fat, in areas you never expected. Like your neck! WTF? how do you get rid of fat around your neck? Although i am sure RONCO makes a product *from China* that could assist in firming this area.
• Fashion: things i could wear just 10 years ago, make me look like silly, or an old gal on the prowl...IOW not pretty.
• Music: Man i love love love punk music. Oh yea. But i can't listen to it at full volume anymore. nope. that is sad.
• Trends: Wish i could keep up! But no one could acuse me of not trying. I do the best i can, with a little help from my friends.
• Agility: Now don't get me wrong. i am spry...just not as postionable as i was 15 years ago...oh well. Not going to stop me from trying...sinister laugh here.
• MEMORY: as we know i already have issues with this. But. wait what was the point i was making? I mean, i can look at a phone number and two seconds later it is out of my head...i hate that.

this list could go on to include hairs in strange areas. Mumbling to myself at odd times. And wondering if i actually turned off the water after i left the house...

but enough of the suffering for now. feel free to enlighten me to some of the subtle inuendos of your observations. I would appreciate it! ;-)

Comments

ResearchGuy® said…
A willingness to settle has gone up as the fire dies down... there's less fight in this dog than there used to be.
aNON said…
Sleep. I find it harder to sleep as I get older -- Keep thinking about stuff and it's only going to compound?

Ehhh :(
b said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
b said…
I'm not sure if this is just me, or if it's true for others.

I find it much easier to listen to people I don't agree with - when I was in my teens and twenties I was much less tolerant of the diversity of opinion that I now cherish.

However...

I am grown much less able to remain connected to people who want to use me as an emotional dumping-ground- I don't get mean, I just get too busy to talk to them anymore.

I think both of these changes are good for me.

Popular Posts