Not fit for human consumption.

I had this idea pop into my head while on a road trip. I have a mind that runs and runs, like a missile. in a direction that I am always trying to figure out. (My poor kid.) Hence my appt. at the damn doctors to finally get a prescription for Strattera. Whew. which will take me 3 months to get in even though I am already diagnosed with ADD...assholes. I hate doctors...for reasons like that. another blog another time...Okay see? thar she blows!!! Back to the thought on the platter. *rolls her eyes for effect.*

Not fit for human consumption. That describes my inability to handle communication. I always seem to be thinking one thing, and people are thinking another. And I end up having to disect my conversations, and explain why I say certain things. Now I have one friend that always gets what I am saying. But sometimes I don't get her either! Luckily we are both okay with this. And seeing as I have been without a partner for a year or two, this relating thing is becoming important to me! I want to be able to relate with people on a better level.

Now as i am writing and reading this I can see that at least one person "gets me". And I am not sure it stops there. I have a feeling alot of others understand me. But that is just the surface me. And if you asked my ex, he says, what you see is what you get! and that I have always been that way. And i guess for the most part he is right. I mean he still calls me when he wants to hear the truth about something. Because he knows that I won't lie to him about if something is going to work or not. I just say it. Even if it is in bad taste, or character. Thats just who I want to be. I am irrational at times, and therefore my truths are not always evident. But such are we all.

With that said, I am going to finally post this delicious account of my vast grey sponge. It has been sitting here for a week, and wondering if I should let out this much of the mem, but there it is. read it and feel grateful you are not living in my head. Its cyclone city up there, and although everyone loves a good storm, some days I would love a little piece and quiet. yea.

now as for my sis...no wait, she is just stressed...Ha!

love you R...*cuz I know you read this.* Can't wait to see you in September. We are going to have a grand time, and look fabulous doing it...YES!!!!

Comments

bhd said…
*prepares to get jazzed on caffeine in order to keep up*
Alexandra said…
I am wondering if sitting meditation helps...you know, the Zen kind where one just sits on a cushion, and attempts to not think at all, just stay in the moment and focus on breath? But hell--that's challenging for minds that AREN'T overactive! Still, I think you checked out the Cheri Huber books already, yes?
Mermaid Melanie said…
FYI:

Jas, yea that writing thing helps tremendously!


C;
oh yea. But i think you are a highly tuned creature such as myself. No probs there.

Lexie,
I would love the ability to meditate. The two closest activities that i have found that lend themselves to any sort of meditation for me is swimming and painting. Niether of which i am doing at present.

ADD is a tricky often misdiagnosed chemical deal. I have real trouble with concentrating on anything. Always have. Despite my behavioural solutions i have developed over the years, it is time to check into some meds. They have developed some much better solutions chemically over the years. And as resistant as i am to trying them, i must be able to have a deeper level of concentration. Being a mom, and working towards creating my own business, i must get organized. And organizing my mind will free me up in my few off hours to truly enjoy being with small wonder, the little prince.

k, nuff said.

thanks guys for the input.
Michelle said…
I was told once that conversations can be quite challenging with me because I kangaroo hop fromsubject to subject and the connection between them is sometimes obscure and bizarre.

Now, I'm spoiled by the amazingly bright and funny people that I work with and they get me almost all of the time but strangers can be a little freaked out by it (it happens at the speed of light, too!).

To just be accepted for who and what we are is a wonderful thing. We are so lucky when we find that.

*hug*
Anica said…
I have dyslexia and I totally understand where you are coming from. I, too, strongly dislike doctors because I can't trust them.

Popular Posts