My new family

Over the weekend, my life took me to sunny Pasadena CA. The meetup, mentioned in a previous post, with a group of friends I know intimately, but only via the internet. It was a life altering experience. In so many ways. What amazed me the most was how serendipidous this all became. Everything fell into place! From the moment Ditty and i left the apartment to get on the plane, to the moment we got out of her friends car who brought us home from the airport. My heart is full.

We landed in Pasadena, and i am with a new friend who traveled with me. All flights out successful. We decided to fly into Ontario. Cheaper and just as easy to get to. We have a car reserved. As i go to pay, they run a credit check. Ouch. that is not a good idea. Bad credit. Now in my small town, not an issue. they just deduct the amount, and then you are on your way. Nope SOL. Not Going to Panic. I questioned her until she came up with an alternative. She was very helpful. The guy finally arrives and gives us a ride to this car service. Now he doesn't speak English. or not much, and goes the back way to a warehouse district to this care rental place. Distrubing. Again i am Not Going to Panic. We get there and it looks kinda scary. But again, we are going to use anacronyms. NGP. He rents us a car no problem. at a good rate. We get in this car, it smells like ganga! I mean the guy must have put it out right before we got in it. Not bad. I can live with that! we are on our way to Pasadena!

Hungry. We get to our hotel. I am nervous! How will these people perceive me? what is going to happen? They are just as warm in person, if not more so. whew. relieved. The following days: We eat. We drink. We bond. Our first night was an excitable eatfest. A few friends go to the Mexican restaurant and then onto sushi. Were we waited outside, and smoked cigarettes and drank 40ozers waiting for our table for 45 minutes! Ouch. Too much sushi for me. Then onto the hotel, and off to the english pub. More drinking. laughing. Hugging. getting to know each other. Back to the hotel. I am up until wee hours with a couple of new friends. I finally crash out. at 2:30 am.

The next day is the Reinstock Party. We love the planet because we are on it in Pasadena. At a great party with 35 of our friends that have never met. There are momentos that remind us of each other. Bracelets made by one special gentleman. WWBD. And signature/statment cards by another. Bookmarks. Caps. Even an internet cafe of sorts to keep in touch with our internet friends that were unable to come. A web cam to capture the images of the evening! There was a bar-b-que maniac named Jack, and lots of others helping him. tables and tables of food. The mojitos/beers were cold and refreshing. Sparklers. And fine art. A rock violinist. Dancing beauties, and babies. I love babies. We dance to the music of Pasadenas finest. three unique bands. There are visions of space playing on an outdoor screen. With a brief sex ed show slipped in by some amusing person. And as the night goes dark, glow sticks and sparklers. The time slipped away. And before we knew it the evening had ended. We were all hanging on not wanting it to be over. Late night guitar playing and last minute pics. then the party was over. Back to the hotel. Worn out. Watching TV and sharing personal jokes from the two days we have shared.

Sunday we have a fabulous brunch, followed by a tearful goodbyes. We stand in the parking lot not believing it will be over in a few hours. I go back to the hotel, and pack up only to find my room had been paid for. GOD BLESS THAT ANGEL whomever you are. Anonymus. We move our things into another guests room and nap until we have our final dinner together, then off to our late flight home. We successfully return the car. And get a ride to the airport. Gamble a bit on our layover. Then the worst flight of the whole trip, a Sunday night red eye out of Vegas. Unless you have to, i do not suggest that flight.

What a wonderful time. What fabulous and interesting people. The kind of people you want on your side in any scrap/fight. The kind of people who change your life. I know that my heart is full of the wonderful souls that joined me in that special weekend. And for the gentleman who put it all together, Kris. Our lives are all changed because of you. Thanks from the bottom of my heart. Okay. thats what i have to say. This new family of mine is scattered. So i look forward to more meetups and more chances to get to know them. meet me for a drink at the bar in paradise.

;-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am glad that you had a great time out in Pasedina. :hug:
Anonymous said…
Thanks to my new sister for the kind words! XOXOXOX It really WAS wonderful, wasn't it??
Anonymous said…
Awwww, sweetie... I'm so happy for you!

And I woulda if I coulda. That is all.

Love you!

-- Jennnn
Allan said…
The kind of people who change your life.

Thanks for leaving your special mark on my life.
bhd said…
Can I get an amen, sistuh? Right on!
Michelle said…
It was and is a memory that will be treasured.

*hug*

~M~
newwavegurly said…
Amazing people.

An amazing event.

An amazing experience.


Great to finally meet you, my friend. :hug:

Popular Posts