the bees have it. the birds have it.

the body follows the scent of you
its longing takes its own directions
looking as it has not eaten for years
never been filled to satisfaction

i feel your body beside me in a dream
the warmth of its fur and energy
not moving towards me but with me.
learning its curves slowly with purpose.

i don't know if that dream will come
to my doorstep or in my window.
or if it will always remain outside
looking up as a lover in despair.

but like a fool i will chance its time
keep my candle burning in the window
calling your spirit to join me here
in a dance that has already bound us

i want to melt into you, feel that heat
intent on your turns and troubles
wanting to aleviate your concerns
make you smile for an hour or so.

and let you show me there is hope
for anything beautiful to be alive
inside each others souls for now
winding ourselves tighter in that net.

Comments

b said…
That's lovely (and S'Mokin'!)
Mermaid Melanie said…
jas, my brother, incest is out of the question! although...heh!
that is a good sign. Maybe the intended recipient will get the clue? ahem. yea. heres hoping for good things.

B. i knew you would fall into the web, brother bear :wink:
Anica said…
THis is seriously good Mel. I feel the same ways sometimes.

anica
arighter2 said…
this is strange...i was just about to say, that is seriously good, but Anica took the words right out of my mouth. i'm very impressed and crossing mmy fingers in favor of your fulfillment.
Anna said…
Mmmmmmmm......
Lovely, Memsahib.
Alexandra said…
Oh bravo, my lovely friend! Bravo!
I especially love the line "the dance that has already joined us." Yes...the beacon is flashing, isn't it? Just wait for that ship to sail into port, now...
Oh yes. *clap clap clap* You inspire me!
Mermaid Melanie said…
For all of you who know me, this poem is for an unamed recipient. it is his to devour and relive on a daily basis. It is for us to treasure and share. The muse who makes these words possible may never share its full meaning, none the less, it has a thread that makes us all a little brighter. a little wiser. and a few inches deeper in our souls.

thanks for your beautiful sentiments. I am in awe of your passions and friendship. and thank the powers daily for your presence in my life. I am a blessed woman.

sigh. i hear your voices in my head. speaking love and wisdom. and i can breathe again.

and for my muse. listen to your heart. "just hear what its saying cuz it might be telling you what to do. oh its up to you." ST.

its going to be tough to top this one. i may never Blog Again...

YEA RIGHT! :D tee hee.....

Popular Posts