self doubt. and coming into my own.

When you think the world has you by the short hairs, and it just can't get any worse, open your eyes and realize that it may be the one thing that is going to point your focus in the right direction. it spurned me onto the next phase of life. and what an adventure it is going to be! I am still not sure how to take it. But taking it I am!

I had bad visions the other night demons.
polluting my being with self doubt.
but i am coming into my own.
this is only a test. and i beat it. for today.

Open the door, and let the times roll in
because i saw a sign, and made it mine
it took a cannon to get me off my ass
but off my ass i am in one smooth motion

across this vast buena vista we call earth
to visit a new home i have known all along
my life is waiting for me there in a cocoon.
and the transformation is a lifes breath.

i walked into the arms of a friend
and felt at home for a moment
that moment will be with me for now
and for tomorrow, and for tomorrow

I will not look at that moment always
but keep it close inside my heart song
this road is leading me on to the stage
where i am going to stand and sing

breathing and waiting, peaceful at last
even amidst the storm that rages inside.
for you know that my smile is a beacon
my light is a guiding force for its arrival

Life take me with you there
love keep me with you here
time make me worthy of you
dreams be a reality some day.

Comments

Popular Posts