Thankful

i have to make this entry. Today was another day of feeling sorry for myself. YUCK! whine whine whine. i am so bored with it! So as i rocketed my ass off the couch to take my child out for a much deserved day of fun, i started thinking of all the things i have to be thankful for!

I think a list is in order. and it will continue to grow as the days go by. But i want to make sure this is out in the universe. As i have been extremely blessed this year.

• I am thankful for my father. He has provided me with so much over the last year. and is glad to do so. Love you DAD!
• I am thankful for the Universe. It has provided me with a vision that i am accomplishing as we speak. And offered me so many perks.
• I am thankful to have family in California that i am related to.
• I am thankful to have family in California i am not related to. I love you guys! you make me feel so alive.
• I am thankful for my RP family. Man, who ever said that the internet is full of freaks and subversives never entered paradise. and if they do, the trolls are tossed aren't they good folks? I love you guys. RP changed my life.
• I am thankful to have shells in my pocket from a my sons first day at the beach. it was one of the best days i have had in a long while. with him and a friend. yea. smiling here.
• I am thankful to the lovely woman who drove me to Pismo Beach, and listened to her haggered friend bemoan a little! and let her invade her home. :hugs lex. my sistah!
• I am thankful to the woman who was so gracious and wanted my cats. And gave them a loving home.
• I am thankful for my bestest friend Kat. She is a saint! and i will miss her greatly!
• I am thankful for the time i get to be with my son. even if i am yelling at him! or tickling him. or just sleeping in the same room with him.
• I am thankful they make good wine at my sisters place of employment.
• I am thankful for my friend Wilene who talks to me about my issues. and gives me the most objective advise.
• I am thankful for my sister Robin who has so graciously let me sit in her empty house in Napa while she is on her honeymoon.
• I am thankful for musical instruments. and musicians. and friends who play music. and the music my friends share with me.
• I am thankful to my friend B. who makes me laugh on an almost daily basis.
• I am thankful to my blogger buddies who make wonderful comments here. and share their lives with me. I have learned to trust the written word thanks to you guys.
• I am thankful that i can be a woman who is thankful. And who has taken the steps necessary to change her life. despite all the odds against her. and all the naysayers. and the negatives... i say, neener neener! i did it anyway! :jump:

And i am thankful you have stayed through this list. I am thankful that i can write somewhat! it seems that this talent is working its way deeper into my soul. someday it will be on a much grander scale.

let me know one thing you are thankful for good people. did i mention i am thankful for air, stars and the full moon? and the sun.... oh i forgot one thing, and its just cuz its been too long....starts with an s. and ends with an x....ha!

take it to the stars people. we have alot to be thankful for. yea.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm thankful for RP, too. It changed my life and has given me some great friends as well as the love of my life.

I'm thankful to be alive. I'm thankful for my sweet, sweet children.

I'm thankful for you, Mel, and for this post, which reminded me of all I have to be thankful for. :)
An Urban Femme said…
You know what I first thought when I read this, Memmie? You've got it made. Best 'I'm Thankful List' EVER!

This entry proves you're blessed and I'm grateful to know you.
edieraye said…
Today I am feeling particularly thankful for neighbors. Both the old ones I've gotten to know over the years and the new ones that just moved in and I had dinner with for the first time last night. Neighbors are what makes this area home and not just where my house happens to be. They are the icing on the cake. This house would be a home without them but it wouldn't be quite as nice.
Anica said…
I am thankful for the wonderful stuff you write because it help me become a better person. Thank you for being you. :hug:
edieraye said…
Happy Thanksgiving!
Alexandra said…
I'm grateful you decided to live in Santa Barbara!!!!!

Popular Posts