Unattractive

More than once in my life, i have felt unattractive. This recently happened to me again. I don't like insecurity. It puts your emotions in the hands of others. But someone I thought I knew better made me feel unattractive. I don't think it was intentional, but it happened all the same.

Why do we keep coming back to that same old issue. Childhood issues of inadequacy. I have worked through them many times in different methods. And working on it still. I see myself in a different light than others see me. I see myself internally. That picture is different than that girl i see in the mirror. Mirror girl had become a stranger to me over the last few years. See "Out of the Cave"

Now I am working on making her life anew. Learning with each step the things I need to hold onto and the things I need to let go of. I hope that you are not one of the ones I need to let go of. But if I continue to feel inadequate around you, this will not be a path I will follow. My time is so precious to me now. And I want people around me that hold me as the gift i can be. And a friend to me as well as to themselves.

Be there for me friend. don't use me or turn away from me when things get difficult. I work hard at keeping an eye out for my co-hearts. And know that the balance in the universe will require the same for the people in my life.

Peace.

Comments

edieraye said…
ATTRACT: to cause to approach

Oh Mel! You are so very attractive. I would go so far as to say you are magnetic. You draw people to yourself. You create interest and pique curiousity. You are mystery and substance at the same time. And if you ever need someone to remind you, call me!
laprincessa said…
I think you're beautiful. 'Nuff said.
Anonymous said…
I haven't even met you yet and yet you oooze attraction because I seriously want to meet you. You are confident and sweet and a honest, down to earth person.
Wonderful!
newwavegurly said…
We all have our times that we lose faith in ourselves... in our attractiveness. Even the most beautiful of people (and I mean visually attractive) have their times of self-doubt. I think that my moments of feeling this way are what lead me to have my most confident moments, though. They make me realize what kind of a person I really am, and eventually lead me to walk with a little bit more of a swagger in my step. Then I smile a great big smile and realize that I'm going to be just fine. :)

Popular Posts