Misunderstandings.

I wrote this a month ago. it seems right to post it now...

sometimes when people try to communicate the whole world comes between thier words and the understanding. The words meant one way can be taken another. The opposite side will see one thing and before the other side has time to say what is really meant by those words the damage is done. And there is no retreat into the past to correct any statements into the proper context. Goodbye meaningful dialogue. Goodbye precious conversations.

When we say its not right, we are passing judgement. We are making ourselves more important than the other. I have done this a few times in my life. Once or twice. A relationship from my past, an ex, father of offspring, was a terrible communicator. A manipulator. A selfish conversationalist. We had a discussion about this one night. What does it mean to be selfish in a conversation? or in a love? When people refuse to make an effort in trying to get along, i believe that is selfish. Guilty. When people refuse to talk to you about issues that concern the two participants, they discuss it with others, that is selfish. Guilty. But as i have traveled down the road to asuage myself of bitterness towards this person, i have learned a few lessons.

Dont assume you know what is going on. i make this mistake over and over again. I have strange and psychic insight. and sometimes i let that run instead of staying in the now.

Dont make something out of nothing. it always backfires. always. Mountains out of molehills.

If someone denys something that is a direct question, or doesnt answer, that doesnt mean they are guilty. make a note. then let it go.

Comments

You are right, you are right!
And silence for a period of time does not equal abandonment, or a change of heart. My imagination is the worst for filling in a bunch of blank spaces that are better left blank!
Melanie, your blog has really moved me today...and there is so much to read. I wish you the best of everything.
My son turned 12 last year, where has the time gone? I've had him for 2 spans of 6 years, and in another 6 he will be an adult off to college.
Love and focus on that boy of yours, not one DROP of love, energy and thought that you invest in him will ever dissapoint you.
He is yours...and will grow into a young man who will have learned from you how to care for a woman, for a wife, and for children of his own. You are carried into the future in his hands, and in his heart. Rejoice in such a gift. I know you do!
I hope you will have a lovely weekend!
-Cora :)
laprincessa said…
Communication only works on a two way street. I hope things work out between you and your friend.
Mermaid Melanie said…
Mayden, its always nice to hear reassurance that someone else sees these things like myself. sons are soooo cool! :yes: yea he rocks.

La Pea. Always the voice of reason. I love you chic. What did i expect? TEXAS GALS ROCK! Nuff said.
Lady Prism said…
20 years ago...somebody told me something I misundertstood.....to this day..HE is still trying to explain.....what it is...I musunderstood....

Popular Posts