Half Moon

I wrote this poem while the moon was full last month. and since it is only half full, i was thinking of you. and the moon. and the light it would be shining on your body tonight. sighs. and sighs again.


Bright Moon

the moon is shining full tonight
its warming nightime glow
its touching him with its light
as its touching me and i know

his eyes whisper to me
of thier promise on the wind
my baby has his arms wrapped tight
around me while we blend

your breath is quiet and mind still
as i reach to your heart tonight
wondering if its rhythm ever will
beat against mine in mornings light

i wander the earth with ancient feet
walking ever closer to my dream
making your eyes smile with me
listening to your silent scream

take me with you as you wander
to find your path of peace
my heart cries out to your passions
a longing for your hands to release.

a song i hold inside my heart
that sings both day and night
to a person who has become a part
distanced souls with words incite

a moon, a circle, undeniable light
work your magic with my love
his eyes are lights i follow close
taking us to the skies above.

Comments

Popular Posts