I am not your Cinderella.

Cinderella can't you see
Don't want your company
You better leave this mornin' leave today
Take your love and your child away

Rockin' chair on the front porch
I'm thinkin' about all the things that I did
As a young man
Now that I'm old

I remember her and the boy
Did he have all the toys and the joys
That a young man should have
Before he gets too old

Cinderella couldn't you see
Didn't want your company
Shoulda left that mornin' left that day
Took your love and your child away

Remember that old Firefall song? Someone sent it to me the other day. And I listened to the lyrics. Yea some of it applies to my situation. And the man responsible is not involved. Choices. we all make them. I made one that is going to be with me the rest of my life, if i am lucky. Even though I sometimes want to wring his little neckbones, I give him what i can. When i can. that is the best any parent can do. Cuz no matter how many books you read, its still a unique situation to each parent.

And the little stinkers know how to push your buttons. Now if i could find the off switch. So i could have a few minutes peace! Keep them laughing, and it seems to be a better road. :hug: to all the single parents out there. may the world shower you with peacefull moments. And to the married parents. Hug your partner right now. be thankful you have each other to count on. :wink:

Comments

I am thankful, and very grateful to be reminded of what some don't have. You have sent out a wave of positive energy with this post. May you receive it three fold!

Popular Posts