Sleep, i miss you.

Dear Sleep,

Its been years! i mean i remember like it was yesterday that i could enjoy you for 8 hours or more at a time. Now i am lucky if we get to spend 4 hours together at one time. Have you abandoned me for a younger prettier woman? What will it take to get you to come back to me?

I dont like prescription drugs, but if that is what you want, i will try. anything. even excercise doesnt seem to be helping much. i miss you sleep. i hope that the "other woman" is happy with you. but please consider coming home.

much too tired to make sense... memsahib.

Comments

Greg the Surly said…
I would avoid the prescription drugs. Addictive or not, your body still becomes dependant and its a nightmare trying to stop; and I only used them for a couple weeks.

I would suggest getting someone to not sleep with you. Er, to be there with you, while you're not sleeping.
Helene said…
Its all in the quality of sleep that you do get. Be sure not to nap during the day... go to bed early when you are really tired... ok those are my suggestions...

I go to sleep really early most days because I have taken to waking up at 4am most mornings. That is when I do my best blogging! lol Its a double edged sword though. I think I really enjoy the alone time and the beauty of seeing the sun rise in the am. I think that my mind knew I needed this and my body just went along with it. lol

Oh and a nice glass of wine or a dirty vodka martini with dinner... that helps too! Not too close to bedtime or you will have to get up and pee (well idk how old you are but I do hehehehheheh and I am really not THAT old! lmao)

cheers! Kate
Anna said…
Ugh. That sucks, Memmie. My advice has already been said. I hope some of it helps you. :hug:
I personally wouldn't recommend any drugs. If you have your child around,you need to have your witts about you at all times, even if you are sleepy. Hot green tea helps me relax.And maybe let your son brush your hair. It always helps me unwind when someone brushes my hair.. Just a thought..
Hope you get some shuteye soon....
Of Course, If you're having fun while you're losing sleep, you can always catch up later...:wink:

Popular Posts