Clutter

Okay, as i walk through my apartment today, looking for my keys, i realize, i am cluttermouse! OMG!!!!!!! there are stacks of paper everywhere. Now granted, i know where everything is, they are organized piles. But clutter! A description of the clutter? Do you really want to know? Cuz if you read my blog regularly, you know, the truth is gonna be blasted upon you. Paper ridden, toy splattered ugly piles of truth. Okay brave souls, off we go on the virtual tour of my cluttered apt.

To begin with, in my defense (wow, how fast does that mind go into self defense mode? Fasten your seat belts, g-force, the flight attendant is now serving your snack fast!), i do have a two year old son. Hence most piles of my clutter are on top of the surfaces above his head, tables, counter tops, and dressers. He is growing quickly. so hence the sudden interest in viewing my clutter, and working on its resolve. With that said, i move on to the description of the clutter...

You walk in the door to an unfinished cat lair/shelf holding things that are waiting to be thrown away. This is the area where items that don't stink, and are useless to me, sit and wait while i decide if i really want to part with them. Currently there is a baby gate, i am laughing at that. Baby Gate! geez, like i needed a gate in a one level apt. i never used it. But holding onto it. There are also some glasses that my mother gave me, because she is also one who hates to see things go to the trash. so instead i get alot of those gems...*rolls her eyes here*. If you live in the same town as your mother, does she tend to give you old items that she has replaced new ones with? its a strange thing for me. and leads to questioning of myself. ie: if i say no i don't want your garbage does that make me a bad daughter? anyway, the glasses are there. i was thinking of taking them to my work...and leaving them for some other poor soul.

Were walking...we are in the living room. not too bad! just about 3 months of magazines, the four i subscribe too, which makes quite a pile on the one flat surface next to the couch. which also holds my telephone book. Baby entertainment center. He seems to like Oprah to tear up the best...wonder what that means? And in the living room is the toy wagon. Now this little gem is a hold all for all the balls mommy bought in the quarter machine when she ate mexican food everyday for 4 months! Ha! that is actually a great thing. i love those bouncy gems. The wagon is always full of various items I trip over, say SHIT! and throw in there. Its a treasure chest. On to the kitchen table, in the extension of the living room. Like we could actually eat there....snicker, snicker. Lampshade the baby decided was too good for the lamp. A set of candles i should really give away. All my bills and weekly mail which i don't deal with until sunday morning. The catch all wooden tray containing pens, knives, matches, things the baby must not reach until he is 13 and really irresponsible. There is still room for two to eat there though, so i am not feeling guilty here.

We move onto the bedrooms. Okay the babies room is pretty clean. not much time spent in there except when he sleeps. But there are bags of stuff i have been meaning to give away, infant items that are just taking up room. Unfortunately they have become toys for the baby now, and are strewn about. tsk tsk. i picked that up today. And my bedroom. The sanctuary. the only room with a working TV. Reason? no cable. screw those bastigees. 70 a month for extended? KMWA! We watch movies and ocassionally have a late night snack in there. I have an old coffee table against the window for baby play area. just his height with a chair so he can scribble, stack his blocks, roll his bouncy ball collection, roll his miniature cars on, load and unload the halloween pumpkin that has all kinds of treasures in it as well. All that clutter is low level. Upper clutter? All the DVDs we watched that current week are on the dresser. Mommies Important papers and makeup are on the makeup table. The bedside table has baby lotion, box o tissues, current reading material, bubba keg of H2O, various mommy creams and other necessities. And more, you guessed it, music magazine subscriptions.

Okay. Have we done the Bathroom? You don't want to know! Actually the cleanest room in the whole house. you can see the surface, it is clean. and all uneccessary items have been removed. they all sigh with relief. she is finally done. But wait, the closet? dum dum dum...listen up. I am NOT going in there. You can't make me! Hold a gun to my head, and well maybe. If i could fold all my clothes in the dresser I wouldn't have to. Its messy. And i threw away 9 bags of clothes/shoes in February...YIKES!

Yea this tour is over. I am not a dirty person. Our clothes are clean, and things get scrubbed and bleached once a week, and alot of these things get thrown away on a weekly basis! Amazing how quickly it builds back up though. And with a kid, you got twice as much clutter. Send me a paid for Organizer woman! much needed...ah dreaming. its so nice!

So thats all i gotta say on that matter for now. I try to spend alot of time outside, or away from the clutter, only to come back and see it has gotten together with other clutter and reproduced ....more .... CLUTTER! Wish me luck as i sail throught the paper/toy/ knick knack/dvd/makeup/whatever else is lying around wilderness...its the good fight my friends. the good fight!

Comments

Michelle said…
I am sooooooo there.

May the Force be with you!

*hug*

~M~
Anonymous said…
No matter where I am, I make clutter too. :hug: I am with you all the way, man. All the way.

Popular Posts