Promises Promises

So someone broke it off with me today. Told me it just wasnt working out. Now, i kind of figured that when he started dissing me a week or two ago. but in the meantime, he did promise, i would never end this without having a talk with you. live. and guess what? he sent a note. *drumroll and symbol crash*

yea i wish i could see the humor in peoples broken promises. Never tell someone you love them, and then say, but i didn't really mean it. and if you do? dont send an email people. that is in poor taste. and is about as chivalrous as, well, its just not. Then he says lets be civil. HA! Like i want to talk to him again? Give him another second of my beautiful life? when all i did was give in the first place? Only time will tell if i can even say his name without hearing the breaking bits of my heart falling to the ground and shattering.

There could be arguments that i am too voracious a woman. I am. Life is too damn short people. and so many of us waste time wondering instead of just putting on our boots and just jumpin into the big pond. There are few rewards standing a safe distance from love. Get your feet wet. Let your toes shrivel in the wonderous depths of a love. Not dance around it like scorpions defending a patch of worthless sand. Or standing behind a glass wall, and reaching it only when we think the fire wont burn us. Its gonna be a rough sea. No matter what, and if it wasnt, why even live.

Okay wow, rambling. I was probably too much for the poor thing. But, all that said, never make a promise you are hesitant to keep. He didn't make many. But the one he did make i thought i could trust was the one he broke. And that is not a friend. NO. And i refuse to name call. But i hope he reads this and understands why his actions speak volumes about him. Volumes. Words are cheap. they are beautiful, descriptive and necessary. But without action behind them, in the scheme of togetherness, they are cheap.

Be a much truer man Love. Someday if you are supposed to be my friend again, we will meet. on a sunny day. and you will offer me your sunglasses. And i will try to remember that you actually do have a heart worthy of my knowing. Until then, you are the coward that left a paper sack of burning poop on my doorstep. and ran away with your secretary.

Comments

Aww..... so sad! Don't take it to heart!
An Urban Femme said…
Memmie, I know EXACTLY what you mean. Emails as a means of breaking up = pathetic. All we can do is recognise we are better off without ridiculous boys who don't have the balls to own up to their shit (and it is their shit) face to face.

I miss our girl talks. Someone asked me if you're my sister yesterday. I said not biologically. BUT I think the next time someone asks, I'll just say yes. :hug:
Mermaid Melanie said…
dear vaib - trying not to. seems rough when it was defnitely a beautiful thing that he didn't think was worth working on.

Steph. - We are sisters. i am the older more road weary sahib, you are the young vibrant soothsayer. seeing as we are both from the Lone Star State, how could we not be. Texans ROCK! even when they have misplaced themselves to distant and exotic locales. you can leave the state, but the state of texas never leaves you!! :hug:
winter said…
What a wanker. I hereby decree that his y chromosome is to be removed immediately, rendering him utterly neuter - he doesn't deserve to be either gender.

Sorry, Mel. *hug*
Anonymous said…
Hi Melanie,

I'm sorry...that is so crappy! But we Texans are tough, so nothing keeps us down for long.

Hugs to you, I'm happy to make your acquaintance!
Anonymous said…
Melanie, I am here for you if you need an ear because breakups doing it right is hard enought, let alone scummy, poor taste ones.

:hug: :heartkisses: too.
Mermaid Melanie said…
Thanks to all my FRIENDS who posted here. You made me realize that i was as much to blame for believing in him as he was for not following through.

and thank you for making me put up the i am a good person mirror. Reminding myself to cherish moments that are past. as well as be grateful they are.

:HUG:

the poop statement was a bit snarky, but i like to end with a lighter note. and he doesnt really have a secretary... LOL.
Alexandra said…
A toast: *raises glass* To finding sincere men who don't say/do things in the heat of infatuation, but who truly desire the same kind of love exchange as us, and stand by it nobly.
S.A.M. Tanner said…
Here's to happy single-hood!!

:raises glass:

Stuart
Lady Prism said…
What Waverly said there....ummm that's basically what I have to say too!

I really love your posts!

Popular Posts