Interviewed.

I went back for a second interview with a British company that opened an office in SB two years ago. They do transportation system maps. Not terribly dynamic, design wise, but terribly interesting if you like maps at all... Lo and Behold, i do. I am a GEEK!

The most interesting thing to me was the fact that I felt at ease with this man (the head designer/cartography manager) all over again. Its one of those situations where you know that it would be a perfect fit jobwize if the money worked out. In addition, I met with his boss, the money man today, for a few minutes where he tried to put me off my mark, but i held fast. Thanks to some job training provided by the state my interview skills were on tap. At the end of the all this, the head designer walked me out to the lobby/hall beyond the offices and gave me a glowing account of his desire to hire me. That he was impressed with my resume, and my demeanour. And that he wants me to become a part of this company and is going to keep trying to find a way for me to fit in there!

YIPEEE for me! I offered to do freelance and work one day a week in the offices there because that would put me in an adventagous position if the right situation came about. Not to mention my pocketbook would love the extra money for saving to take a trip somewhere... :wink: :wink: SWYHRT.

Ah... things here are going well. As we suspected. Row, Row, Row your boat, gently down the stream. :whistle:

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yay this is incredible. I think you will do great at this job. I LOVE maps myself and i buy them to imagine what it would be like over at map spot.

Congratulations!
Anonymous said…
Fingers crossed!
You go, cybersis. Prayers.
CindyDianne said…
Well wishes my fellow, but blessedly misplaced (It's HOT here) Texan!
S.A.M. Tanner said…
Avanti!!

Love,

Stu

Popular Posts