Mona Lisas and Madhatters....

And now I know
Spanish Harlem are not just pretty words to say
I thought I knew
But now I know that rose trees never grow in New York City

Until you've seen this trash can dream come true
You stand at the edge while people run you through
And I thank the Lord there's people out there like you
I thank the Lord there's people out there like you

While Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters
Sons of bankers, sons of lawyers
Turn around and say good morning to the night
For unless they see the sky
But they can't and that is why
They know not if it's dark outside or light

This Broadway's got
It's got a lot of songs to sing
If I knew the tunes I might join in
I'll go my way alone
Grow my own, my own seeds shall be sown in New York City

Subway's no way for a good man to go down
Rich man can ride and the hobo he can drown
And I thank the Lord for the people I have found
I thank the Lord for the people I have found

Elton John

I dont know why but this song changed my life. Everytime i hear it. There is no specific truth in relevance to my life. But its combination in spirit, lyric and instrumental voice reminds me that there is nothing more sacred to me than music. Well, besides my son... but you understand your choice of music's relevance in your own lives. You dont need me to remind you of that. It is a song that has been center stage to alot of life changing situations for me. It reminds me of the unique travel we all make to ourselves and how every person we encounter makes a ripple in the pond of our experience. Thankfully i have been blessed with some awesome souls in my life.

I desire every one of you learn your desires presently. And know when you see beauty, that beauty arrived JUST for you at that moment. You have no choice in it. It is a GIFT to you. Dont let it slip through your hands. You never know when that could disappear. Be aware and happy because of it! i command it! AS IF I had any power whatsoever!!!!!!

No matter what you think, i desire it everyday for you all (even if i dont know you). Its what makes me who I am and how great is that for me? Know this now, it will never change. You will always have me on your side. The universe has ordained it. So let it be. Individuality is not easily won, but if I have to fight for it I will. Please do that for yourselves. Dont be detoured by illusion people. Inside each and everyone of you is a valid, intuitive, creative being. Let that be your mantra to yourselves and if you have them, your offspring. It is the future. Let it be US! Please let it be us. There is nothing BUT us.

"i thank the lord for the people i have found" thanks elton for being yourself. you have changed my way of thinking. in this lifetime.:hug:

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh Mel, that's one of my favorite songs by Sir Elton...and right back at you, my friend. I'm glad we met in cyber. All good things to you and your precious son!
bhd said…
Chills.

Love love LOVE that song, and its plaintive harmonies.

I thank the lord, indeed.
I switched computers and lost some links...and yours was one :(
I found it again! I never thought about seeing something beautiful and it having just arrived for me...but this would explain why sometimes I see beauty in an object that the person next to me misses...it's not there for them.
Hmmm...
Hope you have a great weekend!
-Cora :)

Popular Posts