Wednesdays: Words that start with a W...

I finally decided on my regular Wednesday posts! Words that start with a W and anecdotal smatterings that will allow me to use them in a sentence. Aren't you excited? I knew that you would be. :wink:

wince:
n 1: the facial expression of sudden pain 2: a reflex response to sudden pain [syn: flinch] v 1: draw back, as with fear or pain; "she flinched when they showed the slaughtering of the calf" [syn: flinch, squinch, funk, cringe, shrink, recoil, quail] 2: make a face indicating disgust or dislike; "She winced when she heard his pompous speech"

Yea. She winced as she sat down in her office chair wearing blue jeans. DOH!

Okay the brain is not always engaged. Or maybe I should say that I am HIGHLY optomistic. I had minor surgery, as you may have read a few days ago, and part of this procedure left some stitches in my navel. best place for them I guess. I mean the navel is already a deep dark trench for me... whats a few bumps in there? good hiding place I say. BUT! whew. The waistband of my jeans hits me right in the center of my navel. Here's the dilemma... do I unbutton my pants in front of my male coworker? and ease my pain? Or can I play the martyr card ONE MORE TIME!? blech.

Puts a Post it Note on her closet door... Remember to have a FLEXIBLE waistband on clothing for one week... NO ARGUMENTS! Just do it! Sheesh. you think I would have figured all this out by the age of 45.... :LOL:

Comments

Unbutton. Absolutely.

Popular Posts