Rowing always rowing

As I row, row, row
Going so slow, slow, slow
Just down below me is the old sea
Just down below me is the old sea
Nobody knows, knows, knows
So many things, things, so
So out of range
Sometimes so strange
Sometimes so sweet
Sometimes so lonely

The further I go
More letters from home never arrive
And I'm alone
All of the way
All of the way
Alone and alive

You just have to go, go, go
Where I don't know, know, know
This is the thing
Somebody told me
A long time ago

The further I go
More letters from home never arrive
And I'm alone
All of the way
All of the way
Alone and alive

Rowing Song - Patty Griffin

As i traveled across country, i had a compilation CD by this amazing songstress. Funny this is the song he remembers from this CD. One day I heard him say, Row Row Row.... (he had never heard row row row your boat.) I wondered what he was talking about.... then i realized. He was singing this song. What a sharp mind my son possess. And how is it I didnt realize he would all along? I dont know how life chooses our paths. Including my decision to be a mother. You can allude to yourselves that the lives you have you have choosen. You do choose between the paths available. but do you really choose the opportunities? I have a friend that would tell me that we manifest our destinies. She is only partially right. Manifestation includes some of our choices. But do we really have that ultimate derision? Isnt that a bit egotistical? And ignorant to the other truths we hold self evident?

There are so many things we take for granted. Including ourselves. For so many years i have thought i knew the truths about life and this planet. But what I have realized is that mostly i am a surfer taking the best waves. Riding them as long as i can. And realizing when the time is right to choose the next ride. I have always taken the road less traveled. It has worn on my soul. So much i feel like a hermit most days. My poor kid. But like P.G. says, as i row row row... going so slow slow slow... I keep the pace of the distance I am able to cross. I want to believe in the accomplishments I have achieved. But everyday I have doubts. Everyday the boat fills with water and i bail it out. And still accomplish the other things i have to do. Am I tired you ask? DAMN STRAIGHT! More than i ever have been in my life. AM I QUITTING? that is a stand up routine waiting to happen!!!!!! LOL. Hell no i am not quitting. I have spent my life with my claws in the air, grasping at the unusual but correct path i have chosen for my life.

I want to thank the souls that have helped me on my journey. Your voices and generosity sing to my persistance. And allow me to follow the road less traveled. Even if it is vicariously, visions and support are everything. And universe? allow my little offspring to have the father figure he so well deserves. He is a generous spirit and a kind soul at center. Give me the wisdom to keep opening doors for him, until he can open them for himself. He deserves a life of peace and wonder. Despite his mommas doubt of the truths that love allows.

As i row, row, row, going so slow, slow, slow,.... I continue to do that. With or without a paddle! :giggles:

Comments

CindyDianne said…
Lovely post Mel. You, and the other powers, will see that your little offspring becomes a lovely human with a powerful and sensitive soul. Just watch! (and, of course, keep opening the doors)
And we thank you too, hunny. You're the best!
edieraye said…
Hey - You missed Wordy Wednesday! Wanted you to know that noticed. I've got my eye on you missy! Ha! Ha!
Alexandra said…
What a beautiful entry. I too love that Patty Griffin song--and how cool that MiniHer remembered it too!

If I'm the friend who mentioned manifesting destinies--let me say that I was only talking about manifesting desires that we wish to bring about. Not every single thing that happens in our life. I too cannot subscribe to new-agey people who tell us, "You've chosen all your lessons before you came into the world." Yeah? Who says! Who TRULY knows?

I do know that life throws curveballs that we had nothing to do with...dammit! LOL!

And if that wasn't me, well, NEVERMIND!

I so enjoyed reading this one, Mellie, and am glad I caught up with a few blogs tonight!

Popular Posts