Meeting the RPeeps.

I am not a daily blogger. Just don't have the time. But seems i woke up early today, so i thought i would jot down a few lines. Next week i am going to an event in Pasadena called Reinstock. Put on by a gentleman there. there will be music, food and friends i know but have not met. I am a bit nervous about meeting everyone, and still so excited in the same breath. They know more about me than alot of my other friends. That is a daunting prospect. To actually meet people after they know you. And yet i am comfortable about that aspect. At least I can be myself. As if I wouldn't. HA! As most of you can see, there is alot of me right here on these pages.

It is my first trip by myself that far away from my home that wasn't work/family related in years. I can't afford it, but I am going anyway! Yes I deserve a trip to relax, have fun, and get to know these like minded people I have developed relationships with via the internet. There will be pics and stories, not sure if they will appear here or not!

Weird that I am meeting people from the internet in the flesh? Taking my hard earned money and traveling a few states away to do it? NO WAY! These people have helped me answer personal questions about my issues, hugged me when I was being a baby, listened to me rant about my job, called me on the phone when I thought no one would ever care. I love them for the sheer fact their fingers type words I understand and find great humor in! Its sanity I tell you. And they can be sarcastic and snippy. But that's the nature of any relationship.

off to work: Later that same day...

I was reading a friends blog that was describing the same thing! I find that soothing. Anyway, I guess the point I am getting at is that many people see the internet as a potential for people to enter your life to do you harm. I see it as a networking tool. And a great source of information. And music. And people i would never have known if not for RP, the AU or the Blogs. They are special people to me. And i get to meet quite a few of them very soon. That is the best news of all. Have I mentioned how excited I am?

see you in the movies Reinstockees...

and to La Pea and Steph NFA, we are going to get together in Dallas soon to sit by L's pool and have a serious girls night in!

Comments

Michelle said…
I'm very excited, too, Melanie! It's really almost like a FAMILY Reunion even though we've not met most of the RPeeps yet.

*hug* <-- in person very soon!

Popular Posts