My friend taught me Patience.

Patience. i have a friend who doesnt know how much i needed this lesson. he reminded me tonight. how do we get so lucky? to know that things change is a willing ally. if you let it be. more than not, we can count on change. and when someone lets you be with them while that happens, you are blessed. nothing is more important than learning. or change because of that understanding. or the opporunity to be aware while it happens. accepting the position you have as a catalyst, or the pawn in the process. we are so fortunate to know our limitations. and make the best of them.

what are we really? just masses of cells approaching an eventual demise. i mean seriously. that is all we have to look forward to. in the long run. in the meantime, we love. we kiss. we hug. we say things we dont mean. we make pictures of beautiful times we want to happen. and appreciate the beautiful pictures life draws for us every single freakin day. with less abandon than we take to appreciate it.

i realized today that i am more than myself. and that I can be appreciated by more than me. whether i am involved in the process or not. Let Love Rule. that really is all we have to live for. and it never presents itself as it should be. Only as it is. Only as it is. its a hard road to hold. a hard path to seek. we are strong. more than we know. give yourselves credit. make your light be the one that makes things here and now. You deserve the best friends. Despite the way things look, seem, or appear. Stop. Breathe. Listen. do you hear it? Your life is speaking to you. in soft unspoken terms. tornados come and go. its just a distraction, and a deturant from your inner voice. know its a daily ritual.

hell, my parents haven't figured it out. and they are older than me! and i still know more than they do. Lets live. here. together. with our visions intact and unafraid. i like that you let me talk to you like this. cuz its what i do. HUGZ all around. now spread the word. we are all we have. treat us well.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Melanie, don't take this wrong but I love you and I want you to know that I am going through this too. I almost went crazy about the stupidest things and I will hold on to these word that you spoke. Hold on.

and thank you

Popular Posts