Without You Tonight

I learned something about myself all over again. I am vibrant, alive and wise. Dont you love it when that happens? I wish for today and all days that you, my cyber friends, find yourselves in the sunshine you know you can and will be. All these words we spit into the airwaves make a ripple in the pond. Know that you make a difference everytime you tell the truth to a friend. Especially if that friend is yourself. Change this crazy ass self absorbed world with your own wisdom.

No one can say it like you do. And yet we all seem to be saying the same thing right? Love, acceptance, difference, wisdom, communication and compassion. How in tune are we as souls? Like attracts like. One of the dreams I had today reminded me I am never ever alone. I am just deluding myself to the martyrism that i have been conditioned to. Let life BREATHE life into all you encounter. With a gospel song in your heart, five part harmony and some kick ass soulfood in your belly.

My wish for today? Let New Orleans rise from her watery grave. And that someday I will be able to see Jazzfest live again. Raises her glass, and orders a pulled pork poorboy. Nothing like some soulfood to remind you of how simple a good meal and some great music can revamp any attitude.

And baby? Meet me in the gospel tent! I will be onstage belting my large voice for everyone to hear of my love for life and you. You are a rock in my world. Can I get an amen!? :wink:

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amen, Sistah!!!
I'm glad you're in a good mood Cybersis!
Anonymous said…
I will be singing along with you, sistah!!! :hug:
Amen...I SO needed to read what you wrote today. Been out of sorts since I got out of bed! Going for a nice long walk with a friend, thankful to have one who loves me like she does...
Thanks for posting this :)
-Cora :)
Anonymous said…
A-fucking-men!

Sing it sister!
Sing it to the stars!
Anonymous said…
Cool . I needed to read that tonight. Got thrown another curve today. Life is funny sometimes.

Popular Posts