R. W. Emerson

Where do we find ourselves? In a series of which we do not know the extremes and believe that it has none. We wake and find ourselves on a stair; there are stairs below us, which we seem to have ascended; there are stairs above us, many a one, which go upward out of sight... Ghostlike, we glide through nature, and should not know our place again.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

the theme of burning man this year... Hope and Fear. The surreal event I wish I had the stamina to attend. sighs. someday.

this spurned an Emerson quote run ... Here area few for your enlightenment. Enjoy.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

~ i always strive for this one.~

Wisdom has its root in goodness, not goodness its root in wisdom.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

~ well DUH! ~

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

~ Keep watching. except in Cali, you see the stars in the daytime too. Blech. Giggles ~

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have never been discovered.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

~ For my stoner friends. giggles even louder. ~

Washington, where an insignificant individual may trespass on a nation's time.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

~ Little GW Bush can kiss my GRITS!!!!! ~

Trust men and they will be true to you; treat them greatly and they will show themselves great.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

~ Only a man can say that without bustin a gut laughing! what a crock... - one man is turning this around for me... very slowly. ~

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

To be great is to be misunderstood.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

~ These two go hand in hand. as in my last entry, beauty is gift. treasure the gifts. not the materials that make the gifts. ~

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

~ with that i will close. thank you for giving me your time and attention. there are so many more to post. but remember this. ~

For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

~ Peace my fellow earthly denizens. Rest your minds and breath life in. :namaste: ~

Comments

mel,

have i missed something or have u become a Hari Krishna or Hindu since moving west? I must admit I haven't been following your blog lately, its nothing personal cos' I've hardly had any motivation to catch up on my own!

Hope all's well and I'll try and pick up from here onwards.
Mermaid Melanie said…
does it seem like i have become a Hindi? oh my... must get snarky ASAP! (nah just feelin the love. thats all.)

and dude, get to work on your own... sighs.

:wave:

Popular Posts